Friday, September 4, 2009

New Pictures and Information On Kai

This week we received some updated pictures and general information on Kai. After review of the current measurements the doctor says all seems well except her weight is approximately 5% lighter than average, sometimes typical of institutionalized children. We'll put some weight on her once she arrives.

We were able to send off some general questions to the orphanage to find out more about Kai. Her favorite foods are milk formula, soft rice and crackers. She sleeps alone in her crib with a small towel (seen in some previous pictures). She likes to be picked up and played with, which purportedly makes her laugh and smile. We hope this is true because we have yet to receive a picture where she doesn't look sad or frustrated, and I'm sure she is going to get picked up and played with more than she has ever before.

Her updated measurements are 30" tall and 18 pounds. She wears approximately a size 5 shoe and has 12 teeth.

(our favorite picture)

2 comments:

Becky Butcher said...

Tabatha,
I know you are so excited! She is such a cutie pie. I am sure mom & dad will have a wonderful time spoiling her. Can't wait to meet her. She is surely going to be in a better place with the Walkers!

Congratulations!
Becky Butcher

Kena Stone Bowman said...

Oh, she's perfect! I've been keeping up with Miss Kai via your mom's facebook page and information from my mom given by your grandmother. I know you are super excited, as you should be. I hope that we will get to see your little sweetie at some point after she arrives! I think she is only a little older than my Ella! What a fun age she is right now! You're going to have a BLAST!!