Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Showering Kai With Gifts

Sunday we had our first adoption celebration at Red Bowl Asian Bistro. Everything was so beautiful & the food was delicious. The only problem was that the time flew by & I didn't get to spend as much time with everyone as I had wished!


The cake was so thoughtful. It was lemon (my favorite) & had Kai's name written in Chinese lettering.

As you can see Kai was showered with so many gifts. This tiny little girl, so far away, has no idea what has been going on here to get ready for her & how loved she already is! We can't wait to get her home to use everything! She got so many books, so bedtime is all set now! And, her carseat & stroller have a cup holder (perfect for her iced DECAF skinny vanilla lates).

The gifts were all so sweet & thoughtful & if I weren't so medicated I would have cried. These two books were given to Kai by Scott & Sam Maillet. They picked out which books used to be their favorites & wrote a personal note to Kai along with their pictures. I think she will love reading these & one day realizing how much everyone loved her before she was ever here.

No comments: